Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fasting Blog- Introduction

When I decided to go vegan earlier this year, I had read several books that mentioned the benefits of fasting. The idea is that your body uses a huge amount of energy on the digestive process. If you take away that task, then the body goes to work cleaning out all the crap! The most compelling argument/explanation of the benefits compares fasting to sleeping:


I found that very interesting. Also, think of the work "breakfast". In the morning, you break your nightly fast with food in the morning! I've also been eating extremely healthily lately and exercising a lot, but the weight loss has stopped- I really don't think it should have! I'm hoping that fasting will kick my body into gear.

So here it is... a brief description of what I'm doing. Here is my fasting goal:

Wednesday October 7-Friday October 9: Juice Fast (3 Days)
Saturday October 10-Monday October 19: Water Fast (10 Days)
Tuesday October 20: Break the fast with juice, fruit, raw foods
Wednesday October 21: More regular food, first day of rigorous exercise

The following posts will chronicle my successes or failures. Wish me luck!

If you're interesting in more information on the benefits, facts & myths about fasting, please check out these websites:


No comments: