Friday, October 16, 2009

Fasting Blog- Day 10

12:15pm
So apparently my Dad is reading this blog. He e-mailed me this morning and said he was concerned. While very sweet and daddy-like, I wish people wouldn't worry about me or give me those looks when they find out what I'm doing. Fasting is definitely a departure from the "norm". Not eating for an extended amount of time does sound extremely unheathly- and it is if it's not done properly! To all of the critics and skeptics out there: this is something that I chose to do for my health after doing quite a bit of research and thinking. People have been fasting safely for thousands of years for health, spiritual and religious reasons. I don't expect you to read this blog and jump right into your own fast- do more research than just reading Accidentally Awesome! There's a huge amount of material out there- in print and on the internet. In my research, I have discovered that there are a lot of differing opinions on certain aspects of fasting- so be critical when you do your own reading. Not everything out there on the internet is good information of course.

I thankfully also have many many friends who have fasted in the past, and they've been a great resource and watchdog for me. I plan on continuing this blog through the process of breaking the fast, so you can all see how I recover and handle food again. While the fast has not been the easiest thing I've ever done, it hasn't been all that hard either. It's amazing how after the first few days you lose your hunger! I feel so empowered by this experience, too. I know now that I have control over myself I didn't know I had. It's a cool feeling to know that I am powerful!!

172.8->171.6

No comments: