Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fasting Blog- Day 5

2:30pm
My body felt a lot better this morning, and I slept well last night- despite a couple of bad dreams. I also didn't have light-headedness and nausea like yesterday... AND It's a gorgeous day in Boston! I walked to CVS on Centre Street (taking the longer, scenic route) to grab a couple of things. I probably walked a total of 2+ miles, and I definitely felt beat afterwards. I've been having the most discomfort in my calves and lower back- tightness in my calves and achiness in my lower back. I'm not sure what to do to help that- maybe some stretching. I'll try that later. I'm still drinking lots of water and fasting tea. I think the tea helps me to feel human through this. I'm used to drinking a lot of water, but when it's really the only thing I'm consuming, it's nice to have that flavor and warm in my mouth a few times a day.

So I took the plunge (haha) and did a saline wash today. I have to say- it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was really easy to administer (even by myself), and it was pretty effective. I won't gross you out with much more detail than that. I heard that you really need to do this if you want to get the most out of a fast. The stuff that is stuck in there is full of toxins, and you can take a huge load off your system by cleaning it out. My friend said that he was feeling pretty ill while fasting, but after he did a couple of saline washes, he felt much much better. I got the dual-pack so I'll do it again tomorrow.

180.8->178.2 This is the first time I've been below 180 since I can remember! My big goal will be to keep all this off once I start eating again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katy, I was wondering about your saline washes. Are you talking about a salt bath were you drink like a quart of very salty water and it goes right through you? Or an enema that you buy from the drugstore. I'm just starting a fast and I'm considering...

Unknown said...

howdy, I used the drug store home enema kits. People get a little squeemish about this topic, but I totally recommend them. Good luck!