Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fasting Blog- Day 1

2:45pm
I decided to try a fast. I had read about their benefits in the past but had never actually tried one. I have decided to start off with a juice fast for 3 days (through Friday), and then I will switch to a solely water fast this weekend. I still have some good organic valencia oranges that I don't want to waste, so the plan is to eat one orange today, tomorrow and Friday and drink the juice to ease myself into this. I have a couple of bottles of organic anti-oxidant-rich juice from whole foods for work. I think I will stop there again on the way home and pick up a bottle of juice for the house plus some herbal tea. It seems to me that satisfying a food craving might be alleviated by the making and drinking of tea. I've been feeling hungry, and I've been trying not to think about it too much. I'm drinking water hoping it helps. I have also been a little sensitive to food smells today- I feel like I'm smelling everything. I'm a little worried about when I get home- about being bored and wanting to cook.

3:45pm
I just went to Whole Foods with Ashley- she wanted a snack. I saw all sorts of foods I'd like to eat right now, but I had a thought: I will eventually be able to indulge in bread, fruit, cupcakes, whatever again! Just not right now. It's not that I won't eat anything ever again! That made me feel better.


No comments: