Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fasting Blog- Day 2

11:50am
Everything is going pretty well. I got a box of Healthy Fasting tea (Yogi Tea) and a bottle of low-sodium vegetable juice from Whole Foods on the way home. Last night I had a cup of the Get Regular Yogi tea thinking it might be good to flush out whatever is in my system, but even after having some cramps in the late evening, nothing ever happened. I suppose there is nothing in there to flush out. I've got one more bag of that tea which I'll drink tonight. I also had a mug of the vegetable juice. It was pretty hearty... for juice. I think it helped me get through the evening.

When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel hungry at all. The Subway sure smelled good as I walked by, but I guess is always smells good in the morning! I've had one glass of juice this morning and some of the fasting tea. I started feeling a little funny in the last hour- dizzy and tingly. I should probably get up an walk around the building. Oh, and the scale read 3 fewer pounds this morning. (187.4 -> 184.4)

1:00pm
I'm already looking at what I will break my fast with. Is that bad? It's not like I'm planning on a cheeseburger and fries- I am a vegan after all! I guess I'm curious if there are still kinds of vegan food that should be avoided. I'm looking at eating mostly raw for at least the first day: tomato & basil salad, my homemade guacamole with some kind of healthy cracker, Bananas, valencia oranges, etc. I'm going for the more alkaline foods. I really don't want to gain back the weight I'll lose. I'm going to try to jump right back on the horse with my runs... maybe I'll wait until the second day of breaking the fast.

I do feel pretty good, and I'm planning on walking home today (~4 miles). I'm still on juice so I figured that such a long walk will still go okay. If I end up not feeling good, I can always jump on the train.

2:35pm
I'm feeling anxious about getting started on the water-only phase. I shouldn't think of the small amounts of juice as "cheating". I need to see it more as "preparing" for the rest of this experience. It will probably make the rest of it easier! I should embrace this. I'm also on my third cup of fasting tea today. It helps to squash the oral fixation... so much more effective than water. The box says you can drink like 10 cups of this stuff a day if you want. I'm reusing tea bags anyway.

No comments: