Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fasting Blog- Day 9

12:35pm
Yuck... it's confimed: I have bad breath. My gal pal at work said she was reading my blog last night and read the part about my icky mouth. She told me that she noticed some pretty funky breath yesterday. I think I can feel it being nasty right now. Gosh, I need to get those on-the-go toothbrushes. This afternoon, I promise!

I had another tiring walk to work this morning. I think it's getting harder every day. It's really the stairs that get me. I'm one of those people who can't stand the slugs who "ride" the escalator instead of walking up them. How lazy can someone be??? I have found myself longing for the easy way up the stairs this week- I get so winded by the time I get to the top of a single flight. Go figure- both escalators at BOTH T stations I go to every day are under repair!! Sigh.

Well, at least I'm nearing the homestretch here. My original goal was to make it through Monday, and then break the fast on Tuesday morning. Unless I get ill over the weekend, I'll try to stick to that goal. That will end up being 13 days total: 3 days of juice fasting at the beginning to ease into the process then 10 days of water fasting. The weather forecast for the weekend looks crummy so I'm not sure what I'm going to do to fill my time. Last weekend went smoothly because I had stuff to do. We'll see how things shake out.

173.4->172.8

10:05pm
Loooonnnnngggg day. My dogs are tired. I ended walking quite a bit today. I got those "Wisp" on-the-go toothbrushes finally, and y'know- they didn't really kill my monster breath nor did they even taste good. AND they cost $9 for a 16-pack. Not so thrilled there. I went to a talk at Harvard, and my friend dropped me off by the Harvard T station. I was already to cross the street to go down to the subway, but I turned around and there it was: The Harvard Coop. Ahhhh!!!!! I got sucked in, and I bought another vegan cookbook. Haha. 1000 Vegan Recipes. Mmm... it was really the page on lasagna that sold me. :) BED.

No comments: