Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fasting Blog- Day 11

Today is Saturday, and I didn't have much to do. I was a slug most of the day until 6pm or so when I decided to clean the whole house. As I was cleaning (while listening to opera), I felt like there was something poetic to the combination of cleaning my body and cleaning the house. I've been putting off the cleaning since I started the fast thinking I didn't have enough energy to work hard. I had a sit and rest occasionally, but I did fine. I'm glad I got it done.

Speaking of being done, I'm so ready to be done with this fast. I feel fine- not a bit of hunger. It's quite liberating to know you can go so long without food and not feel hungry. It's so very against what we're all trained to think. I will never again complain about my blood sugar being low because I haven't eaten in many hours. However, I miss food. I miss cooking. I am really looking forward to getting back into the old routine. Let's all be honest here. Food is awesome. I have been enjoying the best meals of my life since I became vegan, and I can't wait to get cooking and experimenting again. I'm going to hold out until Tuesday- just so I can say I met my little goal. Only a few more days.

171.6->169.8

No comments: