Monday, April 26, 2010

Wear shoes you can run in.

I just got home from my first night of training. It was a complete zoo. There were 80 people there! For some reason, they didn't anticipate that the evening training session would be so popular... someone actually said that. If you are looking for people who can work during the evenings and on weekends, it seems to me that the PRIMARY trainings should be nights and weekends, right? If only I ruled the world.

Today was the admin day, and we spent five hours filling out forms and being fingerprinted- although at 9pm, half of the 80 still hadn't been fingerprinted and had to stay. They were lucky in way- they got to stay on the clock (at $22.75/hour) while waiting around.

We received badges (no photos... we wrote our names on them) and black shoulder bags with our materials. We also were given a basic safety lecture, and I wonder if we'll receive a more extensive safety training later. The women talked about wearing seat belts, not putting your face right up to a dog's face, locking sensitive documents away, and oh yes... we were told to wear shoes we can run in. That was a highlight. It's good advice, though... if you're walking around the city in any case!


Tomorrow we start more regular training, and on Friday we'll meet our Crew Leaders (man, I wish I could have trained for that position). I wonder how much melt there will be as the week goes on.

No comments: