Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NRFU? Oh no you di'nt! NERF-U!

First day of for-reals training today. I enjoyed it so much more than yesterday although other people didn't agree with me. The girl next to me kept sighing and yawning audibly throughout the evening. We covered the basics of what our materials will be and how to fill the EQ (Enumerator Questionnaire... they have a thing for acronyms) in the most simple situation. Our trainers were really nice, and they didn't yell at us like the ladies yesterday so that made the night more pleasurable.

So my official job is NRFU (pronounced Nerf-You) for Non Response Follow Up, and I started to get excited about the job once I got a good mental image of what I'll be doing... finding the locations, interviewing the occupants, etc.

They also told us today that they are still looking for more Crew Leader Assistants, and they will choose some from our group of 60 or so people. I hope they will consider me- especially because they originally called me to be a crew leader in the first place! When I mentioned that the girl sitting next to me, she said, "Whoa! You must have done REALLY good on the test!" Well yeah... I'm reasonably sure I got every question on the test right. I'm not being cocky! It was easy! Can you alphabetize? Yes! Can you read a map? Yes! Can you arrange dates chronologically? Hell yeah!

Day Three is tomorrow. I plan to sit in the front again, raise my hand and enjoy myself.

No comments: