Friday, June 15, 2007

Creamy Crack Recipe


I realize posting this recipe may make my personal popularity index go down. Fuck it. Creamy Crack should be FREE and for the people.


The story behind Creamy Crack: I used to live in Houston, and I frequented "Chuy's" Tex-Mex restaurant at least twice a month (usually more). Along with the two wicked awesome salsas served with fresh tortilla chips before the meal, you could also (if you were "in-the-know" like me) order free-of-charge their Creamy Jalapeno dip. I fell in love. I've never loved something quite like this before.


When I moved from Houston back to Boston, I knew I couldn't live without it. My dad and spent a summer experimenting with and developing our very own version on this addictive yummy "Creamy Crack". I have no idea if it's remotely the same as the original any more- it's been so long since I've had a steak burrito with creamy jalapeno at Chuy's! *sniffle sniffle* But who cares? My recipe ROCKS!


Enjoy (or loathe because you just can't enough to fulfill your cravings)!!


Katy's Creamy Crack!

3-4 whole jalapeno peppers
2-3 cloves of garlic
juice of 1 lime
1 cup Milk
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 packet Ranch dressing/dip mix
Black pepper to taste

In the blender, chop peppers, garlic, lime juice. Add milk and mayo and blend to a creamy texture. If the mixture seems thin, don't add mayo to thicken it. Add in ranch mix and pepper to taste. Allow Creamy Crack to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. It should thicken up a little.

Creamy Crack is especially good for dip, on sandwiches, on fajitas, and steaks. ¡Es sabroso en casi cualquier cosa!

No comments: