Thursday, August 23, 2007

GOING HOME!!!!!!!

Days until launch: 1!

24 hours from now, I will be leaving my house to catch my flight to California. I've been counting down the days for a couple of months now. On Saturday, I will be driving my rental car from Davis, CA to the Black Rock Desert 100 miles north of Reno, NV.
I'm freaking out... so excited. I've got sweaty palms and butterflies in my stomach. I am particulary excited for this year because it's been two years since I've been out there, and this will likely be my last trip to Burning Man. As awesome as it is, I simply can't afford to do it again. I definately could have spent less money on the trip, but there are certain things that I just had to do... like buy space on the Boston shipping container. I figure that I could spend a simliar amount of cash on a trip to somewhere I haven't been before so I decided to really go all out this year. I've also had a rough week, and I need to get out there as soon as possible... need to leave my troubles behind.
One of the nice things about going to Burning Man is that I will be completely occupied for 10 days. It's like being brain-washed. Because I will be off the grid entirely, it's actually hard to think about my problems in "the default world". It's pretty insane to think about how isolated and disconnected we are out there. During my last trip out there in 2005, Katrina hit New Orleans, and no one heard anything about it for days.
This should be my last post for a couple of weeks. I'm sure I will have lots of stories and pictures to share once I return... and after I sleep for a few days.
GOING HOME!!!!!

No comments: