Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Back to the Default World. Ugh.


Hey kids. I'm back. I've been back for a week, but it feels like a month or more. I think I'm finally caught up on sleep.

It was a year of many "firsts" and many spectacular sights. Here's a VERY short list of some memorable moments and events.

The Man was burned five days early by an arsonist during the lunar eclipse. (He was rebuilt and back up on Thursday! Yay!) You may have heard about this. It made the national news. Me and two friends were right by The Man when it happened. The arsonist was chased by Black Rock Rangers right past us.

We had incredible dust storms on Thursday and Friday afternoons. The one on Friday was worth it, though. We had a full double rainbow appear over the city afterwards.

The Augerid meteor shower DID happen on Saturday morning. I viewed it from the trash fence... away from the city lights and smoke. I saw about 35 meteors in 40 minutes (that's really impressive).

I witnessed my good friend Annie marry her soulmate at the Temple of Forgiveness at dusk on Friday night.
I was attacked my a mob of zombies.

The "Crude Awakening" burn/performance was the most bone-chilling, but also beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I participated in the Monkey Chant at Center Camp on Friday afternoon. Ask me about that later...

I spun fire with my great friends Jewels and Wheylan on Sunday night (the last night I was there) for a wonderful audience. Burning Man was the reason I started spinning in the place. It made my experience complete. I received some of the best compliments of my life afterwards (while fighting back tears of joy).

All week, several people told me that I possess "great energy". The cab driver taking me home in Boston Wednesday morning echoed that sentiment... "you're a very nice, friendly lady, nice to talk to". It really struck a chord with me... that so many people pointed out the exact same trait over and over again.
Life changing again.
Check out this video for starters.



No comments: