Monday, May 3, 2010

First night out!

I apologize for leaving you hanging for a couple of days. It's super busy jury time at my regular job. I have barely had a chance to get to the bathroom let alone spend time blogging! After today or tomorrow, action at the conservatory is going to completely die down. Then, it's almost 4 months of complete nothingness!!

I decided not to work Sunday. The weather was really nice so I spent the day with friends. Unfortunately, not working Sunday means that I will have to really work hard to get my 18-20 hours in by Saturday. I pulled out my Tower Street assignments, and I hit the pavement last night! I'm finding that you really have to have a good system for juggling all of the materials. I spent a decent amount of time organizing myself before heading out. I grabbed a big subdivided file folder to help keep things separated.

I was pretty dismayed at the number of apartments that no one answered at. I left at lot of "NVs" (Notice of Visits) taped to doors. I finally got to conduct first my first REAL interview right at the end of the evening. Hooray! It was quite the pleasant evening, too. I met a couple of neighbors I hadn't met before, and I ran into all sorts of friends as I conducted my work.

I'm going to my first district meeting tonight in the park on Wachusett. Those meetings will be occurring daily going forward. Weather may be a factor tonight for work- there is a hefty line of thunderstorms coming in from Western Mass right now. Yikes! I had better not get those EQs wet!

No comments: